Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Holly And The Ivy

Early tomorrow morning, Andrew and I will fly home for Christmas. We will remain in Minneapolis until late afternoon on January 2, when we will return to Boston (for my final semester).

My exams concluded on Monday, and I have been enjoying downtime.

Andrew and I considered attending Boston Ballet’s “The Nutcracker” last night or tonight, as we had not bothered to see the local production either of the previous two years and as this year is our final chance to catch the production.

We decided, upon reflection, to give the production a pass.

We had attended Texas Ballet Theatre’s production of “The Nutcracker” last year in Dallas, and we were not necessarily in the mood to see the ballet again so soon after last year’s experience. Further, we were informed that the local production was not in good shape this year, a victim of limited rehearsal time, and that we would not be missing anything special.

Andrew told me that sometime in the next few years we shall go to New York over the holidays in order for me to experience the classic Balanchine production at New York City Ballet, which Andrew insists is the best “Nutcracker” on the planet. I am perfectly content with that.

I look forward to the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment