Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another Updated List

I last updated the list of opera performances Andrew and I have attended together in July of last year.

Andrew and I have attended only two opera performances over the last twelve months. In order, they were:

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s “Don Giovanni”, performed at Theater An Der Wien

Gioachino Rossini’s “Tancredi”, performed by Opera Boston

I must confess that I am not really into opera, which is the primary reason Andrew and I attend very few opera performances.

Andrew wants to attend the American premiere of Franz Schreker’s “Der Ferne Klang” at Bard’s SummerScape at Annandale-On-Hudson next month, but I am not keen on going. It remains up in the air whether we shall attend.

Next season, I believe we shall try to attend performances of Beethoven’s “Fidelio” to be presented by Opera Boston and Puccini’s “Tosca” to be presented by Boston Lyric Opera, but otherwise I doubt there will be much opera-going in our near-term future.

No comments:

Post a Comment