Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 Into 2009

Our holidays were good ones. Our four days in Oklahoma were good, and our four days in Minnesota were good.

We are back now. Andrew is back at work, and I am back at the books, preparing for exams.

On a personal level, the year 2008 was a very good year for Andrew and me and our families.

Andrew and I survived our move to Boston.

Andrew’s brothers moved back home to Minneapolis and are happily settled into new jobs.

Andrew’s parents saw one son leave Minneapolis for three years, but saw two sons return home permanently and gained a beautiful, healthy baby granddaughter at year-end. Cargill and General Mills enjoyed record-breaking years and saw their share prices increase during 2008, bucking market trends.

My sister is happy in her first year at Vanderbilt.

My brother’s high school football season was a spectacular success and he is looking forward to enrolling at Southern Methodist University in September.

My father’s law firm is thriving, turning away business, and my mother’s CPA firm is generating record revenues. Both are so busy they cannot even schedule vacation time.

We have much to be thankful for, and we look forward to a healthy and prosperous 2009.

The future is bright.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your exams! And best wishes for 2009!

    Edythe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua:

    Do you have email contact? I need to send you photos of the ugliest gay couple in America.

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete