Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Weekend Hard At Work

On Friday night, Andrew and I moved over to his parents’ house for the weekend so that we could help get some things done around the house and yard before everyone arrives next weekend.

We were very, very busy.

We mowed and trimmed the lawn.

We trimmed bushes and shrubbery.

We did touch-up painting on windows and garage doors.

We cleaned the outside deck off the kitchen.

We cleaned upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms.

We waxed the kitchen floor.

We cleaned the downstairs family room.

We did laundry.

We visited five food stores, buying food for our upcoming week at the lake, and we packed the non-perishables in food hampers.

We packed our own clothes for the lake.

We packed the dog’s things for the lake (Science Diet, heartworm pills, playthings).

We gave the dog a bath.

By the time all this had been accomplished, the weekend was over. Andrew and I are looking forward to going to our offices tomorrow, because we will be able to get some rest.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Josh....

    Well, I hope you have a relaxing day at work today.

    As for me, well, let's just say I wish I were still in Rhode Island....

    The weather there was superb, not a cloud in the sky, and the light there seems to be different than Chicago.

    I'm glad you accomplished a lot of things this weekend.

    J.R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, J.R.

    Yes, coastal light is different from Midwest light. Minnesota light is very boring, and Oklahoma light is even more boring.

    However, people in the American Midwest are the finest people in the world. I have no doubt about that.

    Enjoy your week.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met some of the friendliest people in Rhode Island perhaps in my entire life....

    ....they seemed so genuine, in their affection for other people, including strangers, and in their love of life... It was infectious.

    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just met this amazing guy name Josh, may I ask what is your last name?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the wrong Joshua.

    I am in Minneapolis, not Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete