Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Quiet Week

Andrew returns from Dallas tomorrow night. I look forward to his return.

It has been a restful and quiet week. Things have been made easier for me owing to the fact that I have caught a ride to and from work each day this week with Andrew’s father. Riding with him has been quicker and more convenient than taking the bus downtown, the normal mode of transportation Andrew and I use for our daily commute.

We have a surprise for Andrew upon his return. We decided to get tickets for The National Theatre Of Great Britain production of “My Fair Lady”, currently touring the United States. It has been in Minneapolis for the past couple of weeks, and we picked up tickets for this coming weekend. As a general rule, Andrew dislikes musicals, but he will just have to grit his teeth and sit through “My Fair Lady” with us. I doubt that he will mind, and he may even enjoy it.

We also will be going to the Guthrie Theater this weekend to see Wendy Wasserstein’s final play, which recently opened here.

Andrew and I attended two stage performances last weekend—“The Fantasticks” and “Henry V”—and he and I will be doing the same thing this coming weekend. This is almost too much theater within a short period of time, especially since we also have attended performances of “Sweeney Todd” and “August: Osage County” within the last month. However, since all these events are marked by limited runs, we have to go within the allotted time periods or miss them entirely.

There is not much else on the calendar between now and Easter: a recital by pianist Lang Lang and a performance of the full-length ballet “Giselle” are the only things on the schedule.

2 comments:

  1. I love Giselle!

    Wishing you a terrific weekend, Josh!

    And, oh, vilaine sends you her warmest regards for you and dear Andrew.

    J.R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J.R.:

    I hope you have a terrific weekend, too. And warmest regards to Vilaine.

    "Giselle" is not for a couple of weeks. It should be interesting.

    Take care of yourself.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete