Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas, Come And Gone

Our Christmas in Oklahoma was a good one.

It was good to see everybody again. It had been a while since I had seen my aunts and uncles, and they were all glad to see me. They have always taken an interest in me, and we have always kept in touch.

We did not really do much. We watched bowl games on Saturday and Sunday nights, and again on Wednesday night.

On Christmas Day, the house was full. There were fourteen people in all, and we had to use both tables for Christmas dinner, one in the dining room and one in the kitchen. It worked out well.

My aunt and uncle from Dallas spent Christmas week with my folks, and they are good company. My aunt is very vivacious and very funny, and she kept us in stitches much of the time.

Andrew and I returned late yesterday afternoon, and we are both back at work today. We have to work on Monday, too, but we will probably leave our offices early on New Year’s Eve.

The holidays are almost over.

This weekend, Andrew and I will get to spend time with his brothers, but we will all be busy. On Saturday, we will all help Andrew’s parents get things ready for a family function on Sunday, when many of Andrew’s mother’s relatives will be guests for the day. That event, and preparing for it, will pretty much take up the weekend.

This means that New Year’s Day will be our only real holiday day together this year.

After that, it will be back to the grind.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Joshua!

    I'm glad you got to see your relatives!

    J.R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, J.R.

    I hope you had a great holiday!

    And I hope you enjoy this coming holiday weekend, too!

    Josh

    ReplyDelete